Windows 10 Build 14388
Windows 10 Update
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 was the Twenty-Fourth Build of Windows 10 Redstone Series. It was Released on 12 July 2016 via new “RS1” (RedStone1) Development Branch.
Improvements and fixes in Build 14388
- Updated the Store to version 11606.1001.39 with bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator keyboard shortcuts would not work after locking your PC and then logging back in and going to your desktop.
- An issue Fixed where Narrator would not read the date and time under Settings > Time & language > Date & time.
- Fixed a TPM driver crash that could result in the device bug-checking (blue screen) and rebooting.
Known issues in Build 14388
- A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed, however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.
- After you install this build on a PC using a non-EN-US language, you may get error code 0x80004005 when enabling Developer Mode on the “For Developers” Settings Page. Even after seeing this error message, your machine is in developer mode and you should still be able to use Visual Studio to develop Universal Windows Applications. In most cases, this error indicates that extra components required by the operating system to enable additional debugging features in Visual Studio or the Windows Device Portal could not be installed automatically. To fix it follow the steps,
- Go to Settings > System.
- Click on “Apps & features”
- Choose “Manage Optional features”
- Press the button “Add a feature”
- Select the package for Windows Developer Mode
- Click “Install”
- Reboot your PC
- Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
- Run: sc config debugregsvc start=auto