Windows 10 Build 15058
Windows 10 Update
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 was the Twenty-Fifth Build of Windows 10 Creator Update. It was Released on 14 March 2017, via “RS2” (RedStone2) Development Branch.
Other changes, improvements, and fixes in Build 15058
- Fixed the issue causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and preventing any app updates from the Store from installing.
- Fixed another issue causing some UWP apps would unexpectedly. That appears with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name.
- An issue Fixed where going to fullscreen or maximizing Microsoft Edge when Microsoft Edge’s window was snapped to a size smaller than half the screen would trigger back navigation.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the mouse pointer staying visible when watching a video fullscreen on Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed a crash Insiders may have sometimes experienced in recent builds when accessing the Wi-Fi Settings page via Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
- An issue Fixed where the desktop session sometimes crashed for Insiders after locking. That if the PC was set to lock on sleep. After this happened, trying to unlock the computer could result either seeing an unexpected “Can’t log in: The number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use” error. That on the login screen or a successful login only to find all open apps had been closed.
- Fixed an issue where renaming an encrypted PDF would reset the default PDF reader. That if it was not currently set to Microsoft Edge.
- Improved video playback quality on the target device when using Miracast to wirelessly connect from a high DPI PC to another high DPI device.
Known issues in Build 15058
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created in Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds.
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update. That like with the latest Surface firmware updates.
- Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live preview window in the Game bar. That to flash Green while you are Broadcasting.
- Issues may occur when exploring pages using the F12 Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge. That with cross-origin iframes (e.g. the DOM explorer shows only the iframe DOM, the Console frame selector doesn’t list the iframes, etc.).
- Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 devices will fail to update to new builds if an SD memory card is inserted.